Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
Find The Full Transcript Here: https://scottdclary.com/ronald-diamond
About The Guest
Ronald Diamond is an experienced entrepreneur and investor who established Diamond Wealth, an investment firm that caters to more than 100 Family Offices with a focus on private markets. The firm also has divisions that specialize in philanthropy, wealth transfer, investment banking, social impact, and governance.
Ronald is actively involved in the business, serving on the advisory board of several private companies and chairing TIGER 21 chapters in Chicago. He is also known for his appearances as a speaker at various Family Office and Alternative Investment Conferences and is the founder of the Family Office World podcast.
Prior to Diamond Wealth, Ronald founded Pinnacle Capital, a successful hedge fund, and worked as a Senior Managing Director at Bear Stearns. He began his career as an analyst at Drexel Burnham Lambert.
Ronald is deeply committed to giving back and is an active philanthropist and civic leader. He serves on the Leadership Circle of the Aspen Institute, a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. He also sits on the Board of several other charities and non-profit organizations in his community.
Ronald studied at Northwestern University, graduating Magna Cum Laude and earning his degree in Economics. His experience, expertise, and dedication to philanthropy and civic leadership make him a valuable contributor to the investment community and society at large.
- 00:00 — Intro
- 01:35 — Ron Diamond’s origin story
- 02:52 — Starting a hedge fund
- 04:03 — Advice for someone thinking of starting a hedge fund
- 05:36 — Ron’s exit plans
- 07:09 — Ron’s future plans
- 09:17 — Current business and family office history
- 25:14 — Reasons behind the loss of generational wealth
- 28:55 — Factors that drive family offices in the right direction
- 31:26 — Common misconceptions about family offices
- 33:27 — Definition of philanthropy
- 37:33 — Strategies for transferring wealth to children
- 40:54 — Tips for people with low incomes
- 42:16 — Importance of listening in conversations for ultra-successful people
- 43:16 — Key considerations in assessing deals
- 46:36 — Difference between impatient and patient capital
- 50:34 — Ron Diamond’s biggest regret
- 53:45 — Ron Diamond’s advice for those who have had a liquidity event
- 54:47 — Ron’s message to the audience
- 56:09 — Where can people connect with Ron Diamond?
- 56:50 — What does success mean to Ron Diamond?
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- HUBSPOT — http://hubspot.com/successpod/
What is the Success Story Podcast?
Success Story Podcast Welcome to the Success Story Podcast, hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary. On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights. He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
What did you think of today's email?
That’s a wrap for today, ladies & gents. See ya next week!
If you want more, be sure to follow our Twitter (@scottdclary)