Like The Show? Leave A Rating: https://ratethispodcast.com/successstory
Find The Full Transcript Here: https://www.scottdclary.com/bill-george
About The Guest
Julie Winkle Giulioni is a renowned expert in workplace growth and development, with a passion for helping individuals and organizations reach their full potential. She is the co-author of the international bestseller, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Organizations Need and Employees Want, which has been translated into seven languages, and Promotions Are So Yesterday: Redefine Career Development. Help Employees Thrive.
As the founder of DesignArounds, a training firm that provides services to organizations worldwide, Julie has earned numerous accolades for her work, including recognition from Human Resource Executive Magazine’s Top Ten Training Products, the New York Film Festival, Brandon Hall, and the Global HR Excellence Council.
Julie has extensive experience in product development, having previously led cross-functional and international teams at AchieveGlobal. She has also held multiple training management positions and has taught at various levels, from high school to university. Her first job teaching modeling and charm to children inspired her commitment to a career in development.
As a sought-after keynote presenter, Julie has traveled around the world, sharing fresh, inspiring, and actionable strategies for leaders who want to support their own growth and the growth of others. She is a regular contributor to Training Industry Magazine, SmartBrief, and other publications, writing on leadership, career development, and workplace trends.
- 00:00 — Intro
- 03:06 — Julie Winkle’s origin story
- 07:59 — Moving from training programs to career development
- 11:05 — The reason behind the title Julie chose for her book
- 14:51 — What motivates and drives people to move in a certain way to their careers?
- 17:18 — At what point should you start advertising and hiring for your company?
- 25:07 — How can you help people as a manager?
- 33:27 — “To be a leader you should be a prism”
- 35:57 — What should a person look for before going into an organization?
- 38:56 — What is the current reality of the job market after COVID?
- 42:50 — What impression does Julie want to leave on the world?
- 43:59 — Where can people connect with Julie Winkle Giulioni?
- 44:55 — The biggest challenge Julie has overcome in her life
- 46:09 — The most impactful person in Julie’s life
- 47:56 — Julie Winkle’s book or podcast recommendation
- 48:31 — What would Julie Winkle Giulioni tell your 20-year-old self?
- 48:50 — What does success mean to Julie Winkle Giulioni?
Podcast & Newsletter Sponsors
- HUBSPOT — https://hubspot.sjv.io/successstorypod
What is the Success Story Podcast?
Success Story Podcast Welcome to the Success Story Podcast, hosted by entrepreneur, business executive, author, educator & speaker, Scott D. Clary. On this podcast, you’ll find interviews, Q&A, keynote presentations & conversations on sales, marketing, business, startups, and entrepreneurship.
Scott will discuss some of the lessons he’s learned over his own career, as well as have candid interviews with execs, celebrities, notable figures, and politicians. All who have achieved success through both wins and losses, to learn more about their life, their ideas, and insights. He sits down with leaders and mentors and unpacks their stories to help pass those lessons on to others through both experiences and tactical strategies for business professionals, entrepreneurs, and everyone in between.
What did you think of today's email?
That’s a wrap for today, ladies & gents. See ya next week!
If you want more, be sure to follow our Twitter (@scottdclary)